Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back to the grindstone, for some of us anyway

Zingaro and Sweet Tides are not in the Bahamas anymore so I will need to end this blog, or maybe transform it to reflect our summer long parties in the Chesapeake with the Sexy Sailors and Sailorettes. I will have to think about it, I am sure that with the Spooner reunion planned for June, plus our extreme dancers we will have very nice pictures for the slide show.
Zingaro is sleeping tonight 15 miles north of Georgetown, SC (some place called Waca Maca or something like that) while Sweet Tides is doing its second overnight from St. Augustine to Beaufort, N.C. They have become fearless sailors!
Hopefully if all goes well, Juan and Tom will be in Herrington Harbor by Saturday and Idette and Mike will be meeting up with their children in Charleston.
I abandoned ship in Miami, my last trip was from the marina at the Marriott to the MIami River yard where Zingaro was taken out of the water to have its cutlass bearings replaced and the shaft aligned. It must have worked because I have heard no complaints about the vibration. Sweet Tides came out of the water in Ft. Lauderdale to replace its prop. Its Autoprop had a loose blade and another blade was stuck. So much for Autoprops, they really, really suck.
As to my fantasy of getting to work by boat, it's a good thing I did it, so I know not to do it again. Fantasy and work don't really go together. Too much stress.

No comments: